Bayside College in participation with Tennis Victoria takes great pride in presenting a unique opportunity to secondary school students from Year 7 to Year 12.
The Bayside Tennis School, located on the Williamstown Campus, is committed to providing a unique program which develops each athlete’s potential whilst pursuing their tennis dream under the direction of John Trickey (Program Director), while being placed in the College’s long standing and successful Academic Achievers Program.
Tennis students spend approximately 22 hours per fortnight in the Tennis Program (on court, competition, tactical, strength and conditioning, nutrition, sports psychology etc.) and 28 hours in the Academic Achievers Program.
See enrolments for more details
World Class Coaches
- John won State Junior Titles in all age groups from 12’s to 18’s
- Trained 4 years in elite squads at Kooyong under Harry Hopman and Neale Fraser
- Played the Pro Tour for 7 years
- 1972 International Circuit, winning NZ Open Doubles
- 1972-1980 John played in 8 Australian Opens
- 1973 Australian Hardcourt Doubles Champion
- 1981 Australian Team Coach, Nations Cup Dusseldorf
- 1984 Head Professional/Rochusclub Dusseldorf
- 1989 Coach of Leverkusen Bundesliga Squad
- 1989 International Touring Coach with German Davis Cup players
- 1994 Tennis Australia Touring Women’s Coach
- 1995 Australian Institute of Sport Women’s Coach
- 1998 Tennis Australia National Women’s Coach
- 2003 High Performance Coach
- 2009 Master Club Professional
- 2007-Ongoing Manager/Head Coach Bayside Tennis School
- 2020-Ongoing Coach of Luke Saville
- Mark has been involved in training tennis players at the elite level for 20 years, working with the Australian Institute of Sport and Tennis Australia.
- Qualifications – Bachelor of Education Grad Dip in Exercise and Sport Science, Post Grad Seminar in Treatment and Prevention of Soft Tissue Dysfunction, Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilisation Courses A, B and C, DNS Exercise Courses 1, 2, 3 Advanced coach: Strength and Conditioning, Advanced Coach: Tennis.
- Trained the Awesome Foursome, Chris Judd, Luke Hodge, Tom Mitchell and is currently working with the Hawthorn Football Club.
- Mark worked with World Cycling and Tour de France Champion Cadel Evans over a 13-year period.
- Bayside Tennis School Coach for 12 years
- Competed professionally in ITF Pro Circuit and Challenger Tournaments worldwide
- Coached multiple National level players
- Travelling ATP Tour Coach in Turkey, China, Korea and the UK – Wimbledon
- Former State Grade player
- Coached top Juniors in Asia and Spain
- Worked with some of Australia’s best Juniors
- 12 years experience – Club Pro Qualified Coach
- Played the Professional Future Circuits in Australia and Europe gaining an ATP ranking
- Level 2 Coaching Qualification
- Training 3 top 5, 12-year-old girls in Victoria
- Former Champion Junior and Women’s Pro Circuit player
- Number 1 Victorian Junior for 5 consecutive years and Number 3 Junior in Australia
- Highest Australian Senior ranking of 48
- Was a member of Bayside’s winning Asian Tennis League Team in 2015
- Winner of numerous AMT Singles and Doubles Titles