Why our Middle School?
Our middle school caters for students from Year 7 through to Year 9
All middle school students participate in the Voyager Program. This program focuses on:
- Explicitly teaching students how to learn
- Challenging our children to take responsibility for their own learning
- Providing opportunities for student leadership
- Fostering in each child the ability to question, research, analyse and apply knowledge so that they can contribute as responsible world citizens.
There are two middle schools at Bayside. One based at the Altona North Campus and the other at the Williamstown Campus.
The Bayside Middle School Program has been designed to:
- Recognise and provide for the learning needs of middle school students
- Emphasise traditional academic studies
- Present a range of clear pathways into our senior campus (Paisley) and beyond
We offer three middle school pathways:
- Traditional Program – traditional academic studies that run in conjunction with the Voyager Program
- Select Entry – the Academic Achievers Program is designed to meet the needs of highly capable students
- Tennis students spend approximately 22 hours per fortnight in the Tennis Program (on court, competition, tactical, strength and conditioning, nutrition, sports psychology etc.) and 28 hours in the Academic Achievers Program.